Membership in Our Space City Chapter
We are always looking for new Members in our Chapter. Our Membership drive begins in the fall of the 6th grade year for the daughter(s) of a Prospective Member. A Prospective Patroness (new member) must have one Sponsor and one Co-Sponsor who are Members of NCL, Inc., Space City Chapter. The Sponsor will let the Chapter know about your interest in Membership. The Prospective Patroness will attend a workshop where requirements and expectations are discussed as well as specific information about our Chapter and the next steps in the Membership process. After the workshop, the Prospective Patroness will discuss with her Sponsor and Co-Sponser whether or not she would like to proceed with Membership. A formal application will need to be completed by the Sponsor, Co-Sponsor and Prospective Patroness. Once all applications are complete, a selection process will take place. We would like to accept all applicants; unfortunately, Membership is limited, and not all who apply are guaranteed a place in the Chapter. For more information on Membership in the Space City Chapter, please contact the Membership Vice President. NCLSpaceCity@gmail.com
Characteristics of a Good NCL, Inc. Member
- She will make Membership in NCL, Inc. a priority for herself and her daughter(s).
- She is a “team player” and will accept the decision of the majority.
- She is able and willing to be a role model for all Members.
- She is willing and able to actively participate in the operation and/or administration of her Chapter by holding leadership positions each year, as Chapter needs dictate. Each year the Provisional will hold a job and have committee responsibilities.
- She understands the importance of all three pillars of NCL—philanthropic, leadership and cultural.
- She understands and is willing to commit the time to fulfill the specific attendance, job/committee, philanthropic, league and committee obligations of her NCL, Inc. Chapter.
- She understands the importance of a positive attitude, professional communication and constructive problem solving in all NCL, Inc. matters.
- She is focused on the philosophical ideals of NCL, Inc., rather than any associated prestige or status.
- She fully understands and is willing to meet the financial obligations associated with NCL, Inc. Membership.
- She will make an extra effort to become acquainted with all Chapter Members.
- She understands that by virtue of being a Member of a local Chapter, she is affiliated with a National federated system, which requires adherence to National standards and policies at all times and mandates belief in the core values of National Charity League, Inc.
I. Community Service Patronesses and Ticktockers post Philanthropy hours to the Chapter website before March 31st of each year. (Summer is a great time to fulfill hours!) Hour for hour credit is only given for service in NCL, Inc.-approved philanthropic projects when worked as a mother-daughter team, until the minimum hours are met, at which time additional hours can be earned separately.
Required philanthropy hours for Patronesses and Ticktockers:
7th, 8th and 12th grades: 10 hours
9th, 10th and 11th grades: 15 hours
II. Meeting & Event Attendance
Of the nine regular Membership meetings offered in the calendar year, each Patroness must attend a minimum of five meetings, Ticktockers are required to attend 6 meetings. (Regular meetings are held each month starting in April; no meetings are held in June, July or August.) Ticktockers are expected to attend all monthly grade level meetings. Both Ticktockers and Patronesses are required to attend the Chapter Tea (December). Grade Level Advisors must be notified in advance if a Ticktocker needs to miss a meeting.
III. Patroness Involvement
All Patronesses have a job each year and it is required that each Patroness holds at least two significant positions over her six years (i.e. Board, Grade Level Advisor or Event Chair). Ticktockers also hold jobs each year, ranging from President to Photographer.
We operate on a June 1 to May 31st fiscal year.
Annual Total Dues and Activities Fees:
Provisional Patroness entrance fee (1st year only)-$100
Provisional Ticktocker entrance fee (1st year only)-$75
Patroness annual dues – $100
Ticktocker annual dues (per ticktocker – $80
Note: Legacy daughters must pay an Entrance Fee of $75 (first year only) in addition to above annual due & fees.
There are additional costs for Mother Daughter Tea, Senior Recognition yearly Fee, Father Daughter Event, Cultural Event, t-shirts, and other incidentals